Wednesday, January 20, 2010
- It's 2:57 am now and I plan to put a night out. My previous night out was for the Micro exam. Thought I had done decently, only for the results to suggest something else. Have decided not to put night outs for exams henceforth.
- I'm 'available' on Gmail Chat after a long time and chatting with my schoolmate who is in London. How he became hard working after 12th is a puzzle that cannot be solved.
- My cousin's flight to US will depart in half an hour. Wanted to call him in the evening, but forgot and kicking myself for that.
- Made use of the Vodafone Tuesday offer and hogged at Dominos with a good friend, Karthik. Had pizza after a long time. Post dinner, walked in random streets off RK Salai.
- I'm listening to good music.
- Don't plan to attend classes tomorrow, but will go to college. Just like that.
- I want to read. Non-fiction, preferably. I haven't read much and expect lots of insights from books. Any suggestions?
- Ashamed to say this, but being a hard-core Kamal and Rajini fan, I should have watched Aboorva Raagangal much earlier than last week. Liked the movie. Plan to watch a lot of KB movies this semester.
- Been watching movies on HBO, Sony Pix, etc these days. Like most of them.
- I'm a bad conversationist and a worse listener.
- Mylapore is a very nice place. :) Karpagambal mess, more so. Have to check out Rayars mess soon.
- Wanted to taste the food at Chennai Sangamam. Some company would have been helpful. Did go alone though. Only to be put off by the crowd. Listened to a song by Nithyashree and planned to listen till the concert ended. Just that the next song was the one I hate. Kurai Ondrum Illai... Walked away cursing my luck.
- It's 4 am now and my friend in London is asleep.
Thursday, October 29, 2009
Monday, January 26, 2009
As I was getting ready, I thought of ways to commute quickly. By no means could I reach at 12.15. Only after half an hour of thinking, it stuck me. I could go by an auto! Yes, auto! I'm so used to commuting by Public Transport that the existence of autos eluded my mind for half an hour. Strange.
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
The YGP Auditorium was half full and each member was looking forward to watching the play Swadeshi Iyer. It was around 18:57 when Rajnikanth (yes, Superstar!) walked in along with his wife. I didn't know how others reacted, but I had goose bumps all over.
Once the play ended, everyone surrounded the Superstar and he patiently shook hands with everyone. I was speechless. Only that afternoon, I had seen a movie of his, Naan Adimai Ilai. I wanted to tell him I liked it, but the name of the movie didn't strike me! All I could muster was "Naan Slave Ilai". Somehow the word "Adimai" went out of my system!
I shook hands with him. A very firm one at that. He interacted with the artists and was whisked away by his driver and another guy. I ran along with them wanting to talk to him. But as I said before, I was speechless.
Yes, I met Superstar. The man who rules Indian Cinema.
June 28, 2008. A day I can never forget.
Saturday, August 16, 2008
There isn't much I have missed actually. Infact I indulged in a lot of outdoor activity and continue to do the same. Would probably surf for half an hour a day. Lets see.
Monday, May 12, 2008
Sunday, April 20, 2008
Coming to think of it, I should have just listened to one channel. A channel that usually plays songs that I like. Aaha and Radio City probably. I have become dumb. Have my Operations Research paper on 24th. Hopefully, I prepare well and put the concepts into use in my day-to-day life. Such as this one.
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
This move showed immediate results. I studied for an hour on monday. Yesterday was dull and today has been dull too. But I will be awake for four more hours today and hope I can cram something.
These exams will, in all probability, decide my future. Let me see how I perform.
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Reached Woodlands just in time, thanks to the traffic at Royapettah. Watching movies in theatres like Woodlands, Udhayam is certainly better than spending 100 bucks at Sathyam, where I only manage to shiver because of the very low temperature.
Monday, January 28, 2008
Sunday, December 23, 2007
Strange are the ways of BCCI. When Ganguly shouldn’t have been dropped for the third test against SL in December 2005 and the home series against
After the WC, I was of the strong opinion that Dada was a liability in the team. I still think he is, in the ODI format. He has been amazing in the tests and the half century in the second innings of the third test against
I think Ganguly should play at no.3 in the tests against
All said and done, I hope Ganguly bags the Man of the Series trophy, gets injured immediately after the
Friday, December 21, 2007
I took an auto to college for the first day of the last semester as I started late. It wouldn’t have made any difference had it been any other day. But I didn’t want to be late for the first day itself. I was in for a surprise inside the auto. The music system was playing Vishnu Sahasranamam! "Ah! What an auspicious beginning to the new semester", I thought.
After a few minutes, the auto reached Gemini signal and the driver was waiting for the signal to turn green, when he got a call. Sahasranamam was paused for a few minutes. He finished talking and the signal turned green. The driver forgot to press the play button. “Anna, Sahasranamam podunga na”, I said. “Oh! Maranduten sir”, replied the driver and played it.
Friday, August 17, 2007
Friday, January 19, 2007
2) The first mail I sent from my yahoo! account (my first mail account and the most active of my accounts) after 8th june 2006 was on 7th january 2007.
3) I attended college on 28th december 2006 after 13 days. Bunked 8 working days on a trot from 15th - 27th december 2006.