Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A Day I Cannot Forget

June 28, 2008.

The YGP Auditorium was half full and each member was looking forward to watching the play Swadeshi Iyer. It was around 18:57 when Rajnikanth (yes, Superstar!) walked in along with his wife. I didn't know how others reacted, but I had goose bumps all over.

Once the play ended, everyone surrounded the Superstar and he patiently shook hands with everyone. I was speechless. Only that afternoon, I had seen a movie of his, Naan Adimai Ilai. I wanted to tell him I liked it, but the name of the movie didn't strike me! All I could muster was "Naan Slave Ilai". Somehow the word "Adimai" went out of my system!

I shook hands with him. A very firm one at that. He interacted with the artists and was whisked away by his driver and another guy. I ran along with them wanting to talk to him. But as I said before, I was speechless.

Yes, I met Superstar. The man who rules Indian Cinema.

June 28, 2008. A day I can never forget.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow great.......u shld have taken photo da :-))))

-Subha

Mystic said...

kalakkals!! I can understand how good u felt!

$uprema said...

wooooow dude!!! Took pics? :P

Lazy Lavender said...

He is a great guy. He used to be a great actor too!